The Libraries is committed to helping students become information literate, a skill which will guide them throughout their education and lifelong learning. For questions about research instruction classes, please contact Ellen Renaud at the Gabert Library (201-360-4360).
Library Instruction Request Form
Upon presentation of a valid HCCC ID, faculty and staff can borrow equipment such as projectors, laptops, speakers, VGA cables, and more from the Libraries for up to a semester. Equipment is available from service desks at both the Gabert Library and North Hudson Library.
The HCCC Libraries invites students, faculty, and staff to suggest books and videos to be added to our collection.
Collection Suggestions Request Form
The Libraries encourages students, faculty, and staff to provide feedback about our services.
Library Satisfaction Survey
The College Archives has brought materials together in order to organize and preserve them, making them available to the public through the College Archives. The HCCC collection is now housed in the Gabert Library building. Collection, preservation, and organization efforts are ongoing.
HCCC participates in the VALE Reciprocal Borrowing program. Faculty and staff who complete this form and submit it to Libraries staff at either campus may borrow books onsite from any of the forty-seven participating libraries throughout New Jersey.
- A current HCCC photo I.D. card must be presented.
- Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are responsible for all materials borrowed with their IDs.
- Students, faculty, and staff may borrow up to 8 items, including books, DVDs, and electronic cords/devices. Alumni may borrow up to 4 items.
- The student loan period for circulating items is 4 weeks for books, two weeks for electronics, and two hours in-library use for reserve items, laptops computers, and iPads. One renewal is permitted for all items except reserve items, iPads and laptop computers. Faculty may borrow all items except reserve books for up to an entire semester. All users may borrow up to two DVDs at a time.
- Reference and reserve materials may only be used in the Library.
- Periodicals may only be used in the Library.
- The replacement charge for each lost/damaged item is cost plus $5.00 processing fee.
Restrooms are located on the main floor of the Gabert Library. Additional restrooms are located on the lower level and floors 3 through 6 of the building. Gender neutral restrooms are located on the lower level near the Testing Center. On the North Hudson campus restrooms are located on each floor in the hallways.